Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WB bouncing all over

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 11:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default WB bouncing all over

I just got my LC-1 installed and working today. I've been working on tuning the VE table for awhile now via the LTFT. I thought I had them dialed in pretty good (-4 to +4, mostly 1s and 0s). So today was my first day of using the WB.

My first observation. The AFR is bouncing around erratically between 14.5 and 16.5 just idling. On the road it also bounces around quite a bit, and was in the 16.0 range a lot!!!!! So the first thing I did was add 5% to the VE table to add some more fuel. That didn't really seam to do much, so I went back to the stock VE table to start over.

The first time I plugged in the LC-1 I followed the calibration instructions too...but I may remove it and recalibrate too.

I'm wondering if my weld around the WB O2 sensor bung has a leak. Obviously this would cause the WB to indicate that the exhaust was lean. Would this also cause the fluctuation of the reading. I just don't know if this is normal or not.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The wide band reading will move up and down as the ECU uses the trims to change fueling. Does the WB chnage when the NB move up and down. That is how it should work.