Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PO171 and PO174

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 07:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default PO171 and PO174

So I was just out driving my car and I got on it and it started pinging and my SES light came on. Pulled codes and got PO171 and PO174 which is the both banks running lean code. Now over the past week or so I have noticed a very small amount of pinging when I get on it but no SES lights until right now. The car has 125k miles on it and from the looks of it has the original MAF and original O2 sensors. Do you think I should just pick up 2 new O2 sensors and a new MAF and see what happens?
Old 04-19-2008, 12:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a thought and want to see if somebody can back me up here. I only get knock when I am at WOT and the SES light only comes on when I go WOT. AT WOT if I am not mistaken the O2 sensors do not affect the fuel trims at all, they only report what they are seeing. At WOT the MAF is the primary sensor for determing how much fuel the motor needs right? I have a funny feeling it is my MAF. I bought some MAF cleaner and hosed it down but even after that the sensor wires are very black and just don't look good. What do you think?