PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can the VE table be adjusted for LTFTs????

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2003, 12:11 PM
Stu
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Can the VE table be adjusted for LTFTs????

I am slowly learning that you can tune with just the VE table. I have a home ported MAF and my LTFTs run at +17 all the time. Can you use the VE table to adjust for them and if you can, HOW????

Also what formulas and adjustments do you use for WOT tuning?

Thanks, Stu
Old 08-02-2003, 03:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Can the VE table be adjusted for LTFTs????

VE is used by PCM in determining the base injector pulsewidth equation. It can be used to reduce fuel and therefore LTFTs(LTerms).
When I adjusted my VE tables 30% below 1200RPM , for warm starts,I induced Large hesitation. It is more direct to adjust flow with the IFR table ....so the experts say.
Since your MAF is changed then I believe you should rescale your MAF so that it is reporting with greater accuracy.
I would "round file" the MAF and go back to stock. It's easier and less complex within the parameters you have to work (PCM). Then tweak the IFR table.
joel(Bink)
Old 08-02-2003, 03:35 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Can the VE table be adjusted for LTFTs????

^^ Good advice above. I think it has been pretty much proven that messing with the MAF meter on these cars is a loser. They flow enough to support over 400 hp anyway. Porting the MAF confuses the PCM and affects the ignition timing as well. Port your TB if you want to gain some intake flow. You can do that at home with good results.