PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

why wont my converter lockup (go into OD)???

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2003, 11:55 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why wont my converter lockup (go into OD)???

fter the cam swap this weekend, i had a rocker back out a little and was causing the SES light to flash. I pulled the valve covers and fixed the rockers.. and then reset the PCM, and it still won't lock the converter. any ideas?

the car runs great, i lowered the idle and got it down to a nice sounding 800 rpm's, and it shifts 1-2-3 but won't go into OD and lock the converter .. arrgghhh.

I dis-connected the battery and then pulled the pcm batt / and the ignition fuses and let it sit for about 10 min.. this will reset the PCM right?? anything else to try, i looked at the vacum line for the tranny and it's ok??

the last time this happended (broke a rocker arm) MMT did something .. cause it was doing the same thing b4.. it wouldn't lock the converter (i guess do to some code being thrown) and when they replaced the broken rocker and did my base tune it shifted fine??

any help would much appreciated.

devin.
Old 08-03-2003, 12:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: why wont my converter lockup (go into OD)???

If the PCM is seeing misfires(which it is with that cam), the converter will not lock up. You need to lower the sesitivity for misfires with LS1 edit. Thats the only way I could fix that problem w/ a buddy's car.
Old 08-03-2003, 02:36 PM
On The Tree

i'm sorry.. that's an old sig. the cam i have in it now is a 224/224 578/578 112. thing is is shifted fine for a while last night... and i reset all the codes (high idle and ac pressure) and with the other cams i've had it always worked great. I have deleted the random misfire codes and rough idle codes??
Old 08-03-2003, 09:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have to change more than just the codes. You have to go in to the misfire configuration portion of LS1Edit and change the misfire sensitivity (experimentation involved). It's much more than just disabling P0300.

-Andrew
Old 08-03-2003, 11:54 PM
On The Tree

would the lift/duration on this cam be so much diff. than the 229/566 ?
esp. after it worked fine for an hour b4 the codes being set ??
then i fixed the problem just like mmt did and now it wont react just as last time?
sorry i'm so full of ? but it just doesn't make sense at this point.
devin.