Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fueling issue - need some suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 09:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fueling issue - need some suggestions

Mods are in sig. I have been fighting with the tuning for some time now but have managed through existing threads to get very close to finishing. I have been trying to get large ltft(13% roughly) and KR issues(4-10 degrees pulled) under control. I found that my maf table was roughly 10.02% off and have managed to get those numbers in line and has helped get fueling closer to where it should be. I am still seeing +5 ltft at the higher rpms 2.4k+ and 45kpa and higher and getting -6 to -8 on the lower rpm and vacuum. 0 right in the middle of that range. i found that the KR was a false knock. i have some valvetrain noise that was causing it and possible some header tapping(pacesetter-floorboard need i say more?) so i had to lower the sensitivity some.. however I did lower the timing just to be sure to 26 degrees. here is my issue, I have a stock ve still other then lowering the table for the idle to be smoother. I have disabled the maf to tune the ve and attempted to tune it with the maf enabled and still cannot eliminate a positive ltft at mid to high rpms. I have added as much as 15 to ve in those areas and it does not change much. I have also tried to modify the IFR table to add fuel and it only lowers the positive fuel trims to a point then the car runs crappy as well as huge negative ltft's on the low rpms. Is there another table that i am not adjusting for my cam that might make a difference i.e. the inj timing and pulse? I have read and read and trial and errored just about as far as i can. btw WOT fuel seems to be real good, its on the transition from around 2 to 4.5k where i get +5 sometime a little more fuel trims. please help
Old 05-07-2008, 10:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone have any input?