PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big Stuff 3 and factory functionality?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 06:13 AM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Big Stuff 3 and factory functionality?

I have purchased BS3 for my project. This week I was given a quick walk through on the software, I was quite impressed. I think I may even be able to handle the fine tuning. I loved the play back showing which cells are working in the program. The program I was shown was for a 220mph BBC TT 10.5 car. So it looked a little different than what mine will look like.

Now, my goals are to retain the stock gauges, which appears to have been done before by piggy backing BS3 on the factory PCM. I also want to keep my ABS and really want my cruise control as well. As I see it the factory PCM will be able to see road speed, the brake switch and clutch. Is there any reason it will not work? will lose my traction control, but it was useless with the LS2 anyway. I may need to put the SLP reverse switch in there to ensure it stays off.

I will have to see if I can find the wiring diagram for the cruise control to make sure I cover all the bases.

I have searched and have seen nothing on cruise control with BS3.

Thanks for any input.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:17 AM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Speed inc. has a piggyback harness for the BS3 and factory PCM. I know it will keep the factory gauges, not sure what else will work. The cruise should still work, it just needs a couple if inputs to work.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by veee8
Speed inc. has a piggyback harness for the BS3 and factory PCM. I know it will keep the factory gauges, not sure what else will work. The cruise should still work, it just needs a couple if inputs to work.
I saw that harness, but for $550 I can splice a few wires into the factory harness. If it were more like $200 or less I'd be all over it, it just seems like a money when the Big Stuff comes with an LS1 harness.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:00 AM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree totally, one of the reasons I went with full Autometer Carbon Fiber gauges. A buddy of mine paid $300 for an LS1 BS3 harness on ebay, the guy was asking $400, and it was relisted 3 times before we lowballed him. So you might be able to sell it. They are like $600 from EPP. Then you would only have like $250 into the Speed Inc. But if you are electrical savvy, it is not hard to piggyback with the stock harness. It has been done quit a few times.