Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EFILive tuner in VA?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 05:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EFILive tuner in VA?

Does anyone know of a tuner that uses efilive near Richmond VA? I am running a twin turbo setup with a custom os with a 3bar map. I have the software and a commercial cable. The car is equipped with a LC-1 wide band. I am tired of "reduced engine power" and surges. I just want the car to run right. Obviously I am tired of fooling with it. Whats the point in have a car to run at the track that can't make it down it. When I had the maf I could make the car run pretty good. If there is no one around here is anyone interested in looking at my tune. Remember I am not a tuner I am just a guy trying to learn. I am just annoyed since I changed the os. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

http://www.thehpfactory.com/
Old 08-01-2008, 09:05 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I use EFI Live but I am in Reading, PA. Send me your cal. mike@rapidmotorsports.com

I'll have a look at it.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:52 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DLong
Does anyone know of a tuner that uses efilive near Richmond VA? I am running a twin turbo setup with a custom os with a 3bar map. I have the software and a commercial cable. The car is equipped with a LC-1 wide band. I am tired of "reduced engine power" and surges. I just want the car to run right. Obviously I am tired of fooling with it. Whats the point in have a car to run at the track that can't make it down it. When I had the maf I could make the car run pretty good. If there is no one around here is anyone interested in looking at my tune. Remember I am not a tuner I am just a guy trying to learn. I am just annoyed since I changed the os. Any help would be appreciated.
Jarrod's friend, right? Didn't we talk a while back? You were the guy with the luxury of a load dyno at work. Ed at the HP Factory in Portsmouth uses EFIL for some tuning so I'm sure that he could get you straight as well.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:07 AM
Staging Lane

Frost you are right. I am the same guy. I drove the **** out of the car last night and didn't go into reduced engine power. I think I finally have that part under control. I am goin to send my tune to Mikey and see what he thinks. I can get the wot part down on the dyno at work. It is the light and on and off the throttle that surge. By no means am I a tuner I just want to learn. I let you know how it turns out.
Old 08-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Dlong, if ya need any help, lemme know. I've done a few FI cars with EFIlive. If you want another opinion, you can email me the tune @ edcmat-l1@msn.com.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:19 AM
Staging Lane

Smile

Well I just wanted to give everyone an update on the tuning. I dropped the car off with Ed at the hpfactory for a couple of days. I picked the car up a few weeks ago and it runs and drives great. The car put down 560/535 on his dynojet. I have been too busy to run at the track lately but I know it will put up good numbers. I should be able to hit the track in a couple of weeks. I'll let everyone know how it goes. Thanks Ed for all of your help.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:50 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to hear that Ed got ya straightened out.

Now; I'll see you on the street

Quick Reply: EFILive tuner in VA?