Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Professional Tune before N2O installed

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 07:59 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Professional Tune before N2O installed

Chuck Anders from HorsePower Engineering is coming to do some tuning for the local club here in Utah. I would love to have him do my car, but I will not be ready 100% before he is here. I will be ready N.A. but wont be able to spray.
Is it worth it to have him do it?
Should I have him just do a tune pulling timing for what I think I will need? I am still not clear on tuning for a big shot (~300hp)
Old 08-13-2008, 03:32 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alot of people like having a full N/A tune done, and then just using a timing tuner to take timing away when the spray is on. That way you keep all your n/a power. This is usually for people spraying below a 150 shot so not sure if your nitrous would require additional tunning for such a large shot.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tuning for a 300 shot sounds like alot of fun. I would suggest you have him put in a custom os5 from efilive into your car. That way, you have MAX horsepower with your nitrous OFF during any runs and playing around. Then you flip a switch when you want to run nitrous and then it will pull the necissary spark and add any fuel that was needed.

What fuel will be running with the nitrous? You have a seperate tank and pump right?