Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'99 PCM in a '01 car=NO GOOD!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 08:55 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '99 PCM in a '01 car=NO GOOD!

No wonder my '01 SS would not run right, my computer was replaced before my dyno session by my mechanic because it would not flash, with the mechanic's spare computer. After I downloaded my resident file to LS1Edit, it identified the version as a 1999 M6 program. I downloaded a stock .LS1 file for a 2001 M6 and compared the files. Almost every cell in every table was different. So I spent 6 hours last night updateing every table to the 2001 stock files, Whew! I added Cal's VE table trick for the idle, and upped the idle to 950, deleted torque management and COT(ORP). Amazing difference! The beast now has manners, the idle still says "CAM", but it is controled. The throttle response is immediate, it feels quicker in every gear. The amazing thing is that I pulled 380 RWHP with the old setup on fouled plugs! I am going to play with the new program for a while, then do a dyno run in a couple of weeks.
Old 09-05-2003, 05:07 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: '99 PCM in a '01 car=NO GOOD!

Way to go man . . . I new you could do it, Roland! And BTW nice avitar!
Old 09-05-2003, 06:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: '99 PCM in a '01 car=NO GOOD!

Thanks Cal. I have been reading your posts and you have been a great source of information. After I spent 6 hours copying tables, I got The LS1 Edit V3.0 2 days later which allows cut and pastes. Oh well. I scaled the MAF table by 92% to lean it out, now the car runs even better, no popping or backfires. I'm happy!