Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EFI Live Speed Density on 98 PCM

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 04:47 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default EFI Live Speed Density on 98 PCM

Well after killing 2 MAF's on consecutive runs last weekends with nitrous backfires, I'm looking to kick my car into speed density for the last weekend of the year. I've done some searching, and all I can find is the COS stuff. Can anyone point me to a good method of tuning for SD for my 98. I'm not very familiar with auto VE, or it's compatibility with the 98 PCM. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jmill96Z
Well after killing 2 MAF's on consecutive runs last weekends with nitrous backfires, I'm looking to kick my car into speed density for the last weekend of the year. I've done some searching, and all I can find is the COS stuff. Can anyone point me to a good method of tuning for SD for my 98. I'm not very familiar with auto VE, or it's compatibility with the 98 PCM. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Auto VE. It's not difficult to follow along w/ the tutorial. Just click help & follow the Auto VE tutorial step by step. Afterward, just make sure that your PE settings are yielding the A/F ratio you need for the nitrous during WOT.

Make sure that you understand that during WOT your PCM will be looking @ the PE (power enrichment) file for fueling. So, it's important to make sure that the VE tables & PE files are producing the A/F ratio, confirmed by the wide band.

BTW, I first tune SD (no MAF) every time an intake related change is made on my car. So, 98's can be tuned SD.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:35 AM
10 Second Club

Thanks for the info on 98 capability. I thought I remembered reading about 98's not being able to log certain things required to accurately perform the Auto tune. I'll give it a shot.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:41 AM
Doc
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://forum.ls1tech.com/forums/show...077&highlight=

Read the whole thing but, focus on post #4

Furthermore, Final comanded fueling for WOT will be the richer of the following two tables, PE and Fueling while in Open Loop.

Cat Overtemp protection can over ride both of these with even more enrichment if it is enabled.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:00 PM
9 Second Club

Remember also that you will be running off of the low octane spark tables and the backup VE tables since there is no COS for a 98.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:28 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Doc
http://forum.ls1tech.com/forums/show...077&highlight=

Read the whole thing but, focus on post #4

Furthermore, Final comanded fueling for WOT will be the richer of the following two tables, PE and Fueling while in Open Loop.

Cat Overtemp protection can over ride both of these with even more enrichment if it is enabled.
I knew there was some crazy stuff with the 98's. I'm gonna give this a stab anyways. If it runs like **** and blows up....... I'll just blame it on you guys

Quick Reply: EFI Live Speed Density on 98 PCM