Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

please help with rev limiter or shift points

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 01:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default please help with rev limiter or shift points

after a long night at the track and only getting 4 runs i finally got the car into the 12.92. theres somethign wrong though because it keeps poppin when it shifts from 2nd into 3rd gear, if i leave the car in 3rd it popps really bad on shifts but when in od it only pops twice on the 2nd to 3rd shift but in od thats how i got her into the 12s.

its shifting at 6500 i think my rev limiter was set up higher i have to ask the guy who tuned it what he set the rev limiter at. i go through the trap at 5800 to 6300rpms.

on the 13.14et @ 106mph run i had a 1.90 60ft, on my second run i had a 1.90 60ft with 13.40et @101mph thats when it was poppin. 3rd run i had a 1.890 60ft and 13.04 et @ 104mph. and the last pass i had a 1.897 60ft with a 12.9272 et at 107.60 mph.

heres a link to the video it wont show much because my cam or pc is messed up so its like a still pic with sound. in the video im the only one runing because the left line was closed due to a car blowen the trans but if you listen you can hear my car go down the track and it cleary bounces off the limiter. after the tune if you rev the car up it goes flat as hell and sounds like **** but when in gear and moving and you nail it, it sounds strong as hell and pulls hard. could there be something wrong with the tune for the car to go flat under a rev.

the trans is completey built i put 200miles on it with the stock converter before i took it to the track so the trans is fine its shifting fine under street driving and everything but when i get on it and stay on it for it to shift through all 3 gears it will hit the rev limiter before shifting so maybe my shift points are set to high.

im using the stock converter because when i had my last 4l60e built it blew in a month and my trans builder said because of the 3600 stall and 2.73 gear it was causing the trans to over heat and burn up so he put a new stock converter back in it. but now that i have the 4.10 gear im going to change the stocker out to the 3600yank again and see how it reacts now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEXDjoqgOtg