Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A few tuning questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 10:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few tuning questions

I will pose a few questions, and lets say for the sake of this post that they are hypothetical. How much power would be lost in a f-body with a 402 if the tune still had the cylider volume set for a stock 346, and the timing was far, far, below what it should be at wot. Lets say less than half with no kr. No mechanical issues at all. How would bringing that back to where it should be do for the car. I know the timing is HUGE. I assume that the cyl. volume would mess up the fueling and all sorts of stuff, i am just learning about tuning. There a a ton of other issues that i would like to address, but i am most curious about these as i write this post, and will forget about the other ones for now. how do you think this hypothetical car would run at the track. The way it is and, how much better would just fixing those two issues make it run??
I guess i will throw some more "hypothetical" #s at you. lets say on one motor pull on a dyno it makes around 450-460 horse, Then timing is taken out for n20, makes good power. say a 100 shot so around 550 or so. Track times reflect something is wrong. Say the car traps 112/113 on motor, and 125 or so on a 150 shot. Is this a beleiveable?? How is it possible for a car to make good power on a dyno, and run so poorly at the track. Could something in a tune go so far south?? Remember as far as my questions go there is nothing mechanically wrong with the car. I just want to know if These things could, if they ever were to happen cause such poor performance. Let me know what some of your thoughts are on the subject. I will be gone for the weekend and will check back in on monday.