Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question for the start up

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 02:47 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question for the start up

ok I will start with i have a 02 trans am, six speed, mods are long tubes, 3inch ory, magnaflow cat back, and torquer 2, hardend pushrods. i am getting ready to install afr 205 heads, fast 92/92, bigger injectors, and a under drive pulley, when I redeploy here in a couple of months. but my question is this, i know when i put all that on will i be able to baby it for about three and a half hours to get tuned or do i have to send the computer to someone to have a bse tune put in so i can drive to finish the tune. I am asking because I am under the impression that i will wash the cylinders from the bigger injectors. But I have friends here insisting that the computer will only send out the same amount of fuel thru the injector regardless of size. This is sounds way wrong to me because i thought injectors run off of a voltage from the computer, which is the same to both injectors yes, but a 28 lb and a 36 lb injector 5 volts or so is going to be dif amounts of fuel. Well long story short i just want some input from people who have had this exp or know how thank.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The computer has parameters in it that are set for a specific injector flow rate. You must enter new parameters so that the computer knows how long to keep the injector open to give the engine the necessary fuel.

Get a tune before driving it.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:00 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea thats what i thought, well i guess i will have to mail my computer off to get a base tune, then drive to them. I didnt fig there was a way to limp there, unless i just change the injectors out once i get there, but i dont get a warm and fuzzy with that idea