Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

diablosport predator

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 01:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default diablosport predator

hey guys, i have some questions. im wanting to buy a used unlocked predator for my just bolt on camaro. im on a budget so tuning software(hp tuners, ls1edit, etc.) are not in my range or in the near future. ive read that some programers have messed up the ecu (the cars computer thing, you all know what im talking about ). how does that happen? i also have a shift kit on a <7,000 mile auto trans. i know the predator has a "pre installed program" where you dont have to mess with all the complicated a/f ratio and stuff. a real concern is the car not starting cause of the ecu and the tranny messing up. what do you guys think?
Old 09-28-2008, 05:39 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1ne
hey guys, i have some questions. im wanting to buy a used unlocked predator for my just bolt on camaro. im on a budget so tuning software(hp tuners, ls1edit, etc.) are not in my range or in the near future. ive read that some programers have messed up the ecu (the cars computer thing, you all know what im talking about ). how does that happen? i also have a shift kit on a <7,000 mile auto trans. i know the predator has a "pre installed program" where you dont have to mess with all the complicated a/f ratio and stuff. a real concern is the car not starting cause of the ecu and the tranny messing up. what do you guys think?
First things first...keep in mind that there is no warranty on used products, nor is it likely that it can be unlocked in the case that you find out it is locked once you get it.
Assuming the unit is in good shape, you should have no concerns about any problems. Keep voltage draw to a minimum, and be sure the battery is in good shape before you flash the car.

Thanks
Mike
Old 09-29-2008, 09:24 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

find out what revision the predator is on... have the guy look at the top of the screen at the main menu, there will be a revision number.. a 1.xx or 2.xx number...

if it's a 1.xx revision, it will NOT be unlocked, even if he DID restore the original backup to his car.

then you will be stuck with a code reader, cuz as mike said, buying it used, you have no support and can not get it unlocked.

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 09-29-2008, 04:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the valueble info. i dont think i'll be getting a used one now!