Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VE Tuning at WOT?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 10:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VE Tuning at WOT?

Hey guys. Vehicle is a 2006 Trailblazer SS (E40 pcm). Bolt ons, LT's and a 220/224 cam tuned with HPTuners. I have done a ton of reading including CPIG's and other VE tuning guides. From all the reading I have done it was noted to tune the VE table up to 4000rpms if the MAF is going to be utilized. Therefore, the VE table has been tuned accurately via LTFT and STFTs up to 4000rpms. MAF and spark have also been dialed in. My understanding is that under WOT the VE table is not referenced but rather it is a combinaation of the PE table and MAF which I have both dialed in. My question is, would there be any benefit for dialing in the VE table in the cells that are referenced under WOT? or the cells above 4000rpms? Thanks
Old 09-30-2008, 11:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

You will get better responce before the Maf part kicks in. If you have a Maf falure it is good to have the VE dialed in. You are using a wideband for PE?
Old 09-30-2008, 11:43 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Plus if you are already in there tuning, why not finish the job, you already did 0-4000 rpms, whats another 2000. Then you can have the confidence in saying that you know the VE table is correct and take one piece out of the puzzle.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by YellowToy/A
You will get better responce before the Maf part kicks in. If you have a Maf falure it is good to have the VE dialed in. You are using a wideband for PE?
Yes, the PE was tuned with a wideband on a dyno
Old 09-30-2008, 07:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 69LT1Bird
Plus if you are already in there tuning, why not finish the job, you already did 0-4000 rpms, whats another 2000. Then you can have the confidence in saying that you know the VE table is correct and take one piece out of the puzzle.
IMO tuning the VE from 4k to WOT is not requred coz IMO u will never going hit these cell while crusing....
Old 09-30-2008, 11:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Engine_HP
IMO tuning the VE from 4k to WOT is not requred coz IMO u will never going hit these cell while crusing....
You probably won't hit those cells while cruising but doesn't the VE at those ranges still plays a big part in fueling, especially in SD or at WOT where the O2 readings/fuel trims are not taken into account?
Old 10-01-2008, 04:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wht01ws6ta
You probably won't hit those cells while cruising but doesn't the VE at those ranges still plays a big part in fueling, especially in SD or at WOT where the O2 readings/fuel trims are not taken into account?
Well in SD mode the VE table would play the only role in the PCM determining base fuel calculations, so yea I'd say it's pretty important lol! Even when using a MAF the VE table is referenced for the PCM to determine how efficiently the engine is processing the air crossing the MAF, so if you want to 'complete' the job you'll want to dial in the VE map for all areas you'll be experiencing.