Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warm start issue - what should my tuner be looking for

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 06:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warm start issue - what should my tuner be looking for

I have an 05 CTS-V with an LS6. I have a mild cam, headers, and cold air intake. The car was tuned following the mods in warmer weather (May 2008). I have noticed over the past two months a warm start issue has developed. The car will crank but will drop idle speed and almost die before it comes up to normal idle. I thought perhaps the MAF had gotten contaminated but several cleanings has not helped. A trip to the tuner resulted in a quick, but unsuccessful increase of idle air and what appeared to be a delay in the drop to idle setpoint.

Can anyone give me an idea of what i should be looking for here. I am nit sure if I have a programming issue or a sensor related issue. Thanks in advance for any guidance.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just finished helping a friend's car with the same exact problem. No matter what I tried (including increasing idle airflow) nothing worked. It was commanding AFR 22.39 when cranking, so I looked deeper and figured out it was the After-Start Coolant Temp Enrichment. In my case, I slightly reduced the values in certain cells which helped.