Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

1995 TA heater issues,,,,HELLLLLLP!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 12:57 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1995 TA heater issues,,,,HELLLLLLP!

Hey guys. recently my 95 TA has lost its heating abilities and after the snow down here on thursday it made it really sucky not having heat... Especially since I drive 80 miles a day, and this is my daily driver. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not sure if this is your problem but my T/A did not have much in the way of heat for the last couple years and then last spring i had to replace the radiator due to a leak and after the radiator was changed the heater now works. i'm guessing maybe i had something clogged in the coolant lines or something causing the lack of heat and when they changed the radiator they must have flushed the cooling system.

not sure if this is your problem but that was my experience.

i dont drive my car in the winter but its nice to have the heater in the spring/fall since i usually have the t-tops off when i drive.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i would check the antifreeze level first of coarse. could have a clogged heater core. you could grab the lines when the car is warmed up and the heat is on. see if both sides are hot to the touch.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Make sure all the Air in the cooling system is burped out. Also there are two bulletins about poor heat issues in the LT1's I have the print out at home I will post them later so you can see. One is a seal that is in the heater box, and the other is about you tempature control ****/cable.