Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Electrical Issue?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 08:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Electrical Issue?

'01 Pontiac TransAm WS6 located in Houston, TX

When I drove the car down from VT, and took a 3hr nap in Virginia while the temperture plummeted(sp). When I got up, and got back on the road, the rear defroster would only come on for approx 10secs and shut up, and it wouldn't turn back on except in random intervals (of course when I pushed the button! ) and stay on 10 secs, rinse wash and repeat. Also, at the sametime, the powerseats would stop working. Every other electronic seems to work fine. Reason I bring this up, is because it got fairly chilly here last night and this morning (had some frost) and the day before that, just lots of morning dew. Well in both instances, the same issue arose.

Any thoughts? Fuse possibly corroded? Or what else can I check? The original owner I bought it from never experienced this problem as she says, because she garaged the car each winter.

Thanks in advance,

JZ
Old 11-25-2008, 09:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have heard of a problem of if you knock a wire loose in a car, from hitting the dash or bumps etc, then when they get could they shrink and can then arent fully connected.

i'd just check the fuse. since very different things are going wrong, i dont think its the wires.