Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Tires...

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 09:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires...

I've been out of the loop for a while and have been having hard time finding tires for my 2001 Formula. I need the standard 245/50/ZR16 tires that will fit a 16 x 8 inch rim. I can't find the GSCs anywhere. Who sells this size tire in the Houston area? I know Tire Rack as several but I want to buy locally before I go internet shopping. I guess the 245/50/ZR16 is a dinosaur these days...I still need a good set rubber installed B4 the next vehicle inspection in a couple of months.

Where are you guys going for performance parts in Houston since MTI closed shop? I need performance rotors and pads.

Thanks for helping.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 539 Likes on 386 Posts

This past summer I just changed from my original Goodyear GSC to the replacement tires for our cars, the Goodyear GS-D3. It is superior to the GSC and no 'flat spots' when it sits for awhile. Can't say enough about the tire. Just the epitome of performance, and looks real good as well. I bought mine installed and high speed balanced for around $750. Yeah I could have saved $200 or so by getting a cheap tire but you end up paying for those in the long run, either through the ride or tramlining as the tread wears down. It isn't worth the price savings at all. You get what you pay for. No shortcuts about it. Good luck! Tire Rack does have excellent prices but don't forget to count the shipping and installation ++. I was able to get my set for about $80 over Tire Rack but there was NO shipping and it included everything! Check around to see if a local tire merchant can give you a good deal.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:09 PM
Teching In

For those that don't know...MTI became MTI Motorcars. The guy who answered the phone said that Icon Autosports hired two of his lead mechanics, bought their website and is transferring the contents to their own servers. Has anyone have any experience with these guys?
Old 12-02-2008, 03:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

any interest in 315 d/r's? they look badass from the rear

i dont have that size but my NT01's hook like crazy, first time i "used" em i broke my tranny mount, tore the rubber tight off the metal

thanx chris!!!

Quick Reply: Tires...