Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Trying to remove some wiring...

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 05:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to remove some wiring...

And i ran into some issues, and i know that they SHOULD have some simple answers, hopefully.
1. How exactly to i remove the seat belt on the drivers side from the bottom? they have the wires ran underneath and I cant pull them out, and I dont want to break anything either..
2. This is more noob than the previous, how do i remove the panel right beside where the drivers side rear seat is? The panel would be the one directly to your left with a speaker in it and the hanger hook on it, and also the panel behind that may need to be removed to get to the amp they left in it.
3. I have a sirius box on top of the t-top bar right above the windshield, and i want that gone as well, but they ran the wire underneath the t-top bar, then to the headliner, and down the driver side column, I have already unscrewed all 8 screws that i thought held in the bar, but i believe there is some sort of adhesive holding it in place farther, or possibly a bolt beneath?
Thanks for any input guys, im just trying not to break anything i dont need to.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:19 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

1) They are held in place by a very large torx bolt. Pop the round plastic cover out to access it. I take it u aren't able or wanting to cut the wiring that runs behind there?

2) Undo the coat hanger, the screw at the bottom by the door & the rear seat latch. I believe that is all that is holding it on (other than velcro in behind the panel)
Old 03-12-2011, 10:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I could cut it back there, but I just dont want to make a bunch of tiny little cuts, it runs up behind the dash, I just ended up pulling really hard and got it out, still havent gotten it all out of the underneath portion of the dash yet, just going to wait until i get enough cash for a new head unit since this one is a P.O.S.