Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Did an ac delete, removed air bags now bird wont start..plz help

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 09:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did an ac delete, removed air bags now bird wont start..plz help

Hey lsx brothers, i did a full ac delete, includes the heater core, the condenser by the radiator and i completly removed havac tubing from the dash. I removed the ac bracket and pulley from the engine. I stripped the interior with sound deadning, door panels as well as the passenger airbag.

Now when goto to start the car, couple weeks later after i finished, it wouldnt start. The power windows and locks on boths doors no longer work.

The rear hatch release button also doesn't work. the horn and headlights work and i tested the battery. Its putting out 12v and all the fuses are good. the red button on top of the dash is no longer on. When i turn the key, there is no security light blinking, but the airbag light blinks and stays on.. i can also hear the spark going to the starter and the fuel pump chiming on turning the ignition on. please help, i dont know what else to do before i drop it at the shop and am charge a thousand plus!
Old 09-21-2012, 09:45 PM
Teching In

Oh yeah i have a 2000 trans am ws6
Old 09-26-2012, 06:27 AM
Staging Lane

Weird. The neg battery cable on correct and tight?
Old 09-26-2012, 07:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

search air bag removal.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:04 AM
On The Tree

Why would you choose just to **** the car up? Put it all back on and see what happens.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:19 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do know that the car's electronics are programmed for the serial numbers of the airbags. If they are missing or your vehicle has anti-theft, VATS may be to blame. Do not reconnect the air-bags without the battery disconnected, they will go hot during the install and this is dangerous.

I would bet you need to tune out VATS, assuming you were very careful during dash and door maintenance not to cross, cut, or pull any wiring. Otherwise you will need a full diagram and a voltmeter. You will need to trace voltage to the ECU, ignition hot, and check your grounds for proper connectivity. I do not believe it is your ignition switch as your door locks are also involved.

Quick Reply: Did an ac delete, removed air bags now bird wont start..plz help