Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Smog question, 95 Firebird

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 11:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smog question, 95 Firebird

First time poster here
So, I took my car (3.4l 95 Firebird, super stock) to the smog test, since my tags started to expire, and it failed. I had the car for only 4 months, and I shoudv got the smog test from the prev owner, but I didn't.
This is the smog test :

After that, I figured that I run lean&hot. I took a car to Chevy dealer, for them to give it a price how much would it take to get it running. They advised that EGR was possible leaking and wiring harness needed replacement. They also smog tested it (about a week after first smog test). I gave me this :

(Dont mind the brake repair cost number, prev douche mechanic totally f up my brakes)
Unfortunately, I do not have those kinds of money, especially with gas $4.60. ( I live in CA, easy bay).
And this is their smog test :

So after all that, what I did was I replaced EGR gasket, cleaned EGR unit and some tubes with carb cleaner and wire brush. Added Marvel Mystery Oil to engine oil and gas, along with some Lucas Deep Clean Fuel System Cleaner to the gas. What else should I do/can do? I'm 16 so I do not have disposable income haha.
Any response appreciated, thanks.

Quick Reply: Smog question, 95 Firebird