Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Bad Misfire/ pop

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 04:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Misfire/ pop

Ok just bought a 95 formula couple weeks ago. Its been running great until today! Stopped at sheetz and put 8bucks in the tank was getting down around a quarter. by the time I made it home (about 5min) I was getting a really bad pop and misfire! Put some dry gas in. Gets alittle cold here in pa. didn't seem to do much so I but i was looking around and pulled the wire off the bottom left side of the opti and inside it looks like a sprk plug wire thats cut off. Not brass colored like the rest of them. its only the one on the bottom all the rest i can see anyways. could this be an indication of the opti being shot? How can I test it. or is it prob just the gas. Also I already changed fuel filter.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:02 PM
Launching!

Almost forgot last night I had problems with the heat not being really warm so i was bleeding out the rad. I had the one bleeder open on top of the thermostat housing and the one open in the heater core line. and took the ccap off the radiator a few times so maybe I got something wet? could this be y i am having this prob all of a sudden. Just seemed a little wierd tho right after I put gas in it it started tho. I talked to the kid I got it from and he said it done this once B4 and he put some isopropyl in it and it stopped shortly after and he always put octane boost in it
Old 02-13-2013, 06:18 PM
Launching!

ok so i noticed i def got some antifreeze down in the area of the distributor
I didn't realize how vulnerable the opti actually is. if it did get a little wet in there will it dry out or am i fucked
Old 02-13-2013, 08:30 PM
Launching!

any input?

Quick Reply: Bad Misfire/ pop