Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

summit x pipe install help/question

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 12:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question summit x pipe install help/question

I'm installing Hooker comp lt tomorrow and would like to be able to install the x pipe setup as well, ive read somewhere that driver side needs to be longer or something like that. My question is, what exactly will I need other than the provided clamps to install this pipes? I don't have access to a welder currently, I can in a few days but just trying to get it temp bolted up before I go down to the exhaust shop so is easier for shop cuz everything is already hooked up and all they need to do is weld it... plus its gonna be stupid effing loud if I can't very it put on lol. .... Any help/advice is appreciated
Old 02-15-2013, 08:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The pipes themselves won't all fit in the correct position. The shop will need extra pipe and most pipes will need to be bent. Ask me how I know lol.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

so i found a shop here locally where i live that has his own ws6 and knows exactly what im talking about doing. He said he would do it for 40 bucks.. SCOOOORE

but my concern is this, after i get the headers installed, i have about a 2 hour drive back to where i live before i can get the exhaust welded on. driving that far back basically on open header is obviously gonna damage my eardrums lol, but will it burn out my o2 sensors? should i just drive back home without them installed to avoid the risk of damaging them and then just clear the codes when i get home? or will i be fine driving home with them still in? its about a 2hour drive on the freeway the whole time doing bout 70-80mph
Old 02-16-2013, 05:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sent you a text

Quick Reply: summit x pipe install help/question