Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Hurst Manual Leather Knob and Auto Trans Am finally done

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 04:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hurst Manual Leather **** and Auto Trans Am finally done

It said it can't be done, All ***** are useable except for the hurst **** and slp ****. But It can be done, The mba conversion from auto manual will work with a little modification. For anyone that has looked into applying a manual to a auto you will see it can't be used with the ***** as a I mentioned. You will need to grind down the adaptor, which will allow the Hurst **** to slip over it. Then you will need to cut down your shifter and last but least drill a new set screw for the adaptor. Which is the tricky part because it still needs room to travel up and down to unlock to shift. But all this can be done. Here are my results.
Attached Thumbnails Hurst Manual Leather Knob and Auto Trans Am finally done-imag0433.jpg   Hurst Manual Leather Knob and Auto Trans Am finally done-imag0444.jpg  
Old 01-06-2014, 04:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

but now u dont have the safety lock of acidentally sliping it into or out of gear
Old 01-06-2014, 07:40 PM
On The Tree

Yes i do you have to press down on the shifter. Its impossible for it to slip unless there is force on the **** pushing down . And now it the button doesnt stick out like the button on the side did before it would take à good amount of force to press it when it was cold.
Old 05-19-2014, 01:22 AM
Staging Lane

Okay I'm kinda curious on this as I would like to try this. But which end do you have to grind down. I guess just be blunt can you give a lil more detail into this process. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Hurst Manual Leather Knob and Auto Trans Am finally done