Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Need some wiring help

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 01:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some wiring help

I have a 93 bird that I recently picked up. Put in a new pass. side headlight motor and after hooking it up it wouldn't work. Look at the fuse block and see a red wire with a fuse on it coming out where the fuse for the headlight should be. Pulled wire and put in fuse and headlight comes up. Go to start car and it will crank but not start. Pull fuse, put wire back in and car starts so I pull the wire while it's running and sure enough car dies. Guy I purchased it from said he had just put in a new ICM, is it possible he rigged the wiring? It's dark so I couldn't see what color the wire it was connected to is but I could tell it went into the loom under the fuses.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:26 AM

Well I tried to look to see what color the wire is in the loom but it was after work in the dark with a flashlight. It looked to me like maybe it was pink. Anyone know what this would be, I am still waiting for the manual I ordered.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like rigging for sure. It could be different, but every time I've messed with a pink wire on my car, it was ignition wiring. Sorry, I know that's not much help.
Old 03-09-2014, 09:35 PM

Finally had some warm weather to look into this. Took apart fuse box and found the clipped wire now I need to figure out were to buy a replacement terminal for the fuse box. Tried Auto Zone since it is close but no luck. Anyone know where to pick up one of these?
Old 03-09-2014, 10:13 PM

Found some for $.28 each, picked up 10 because you never know, free shipping too.
http://www.delcity.net/store/1!way-F...Fa_m7AodcQ0ACQ
Old 03-09-2014, 10:17 PM

So what do I use to crimp these correctly?

Quick Reply: Need some wiring help