Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

my 01 WS6 compared to 2013 Camaro SS.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 03:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my 01 WS6 compared to 2013 Camaro SS.....

Here's the thing...... My friend has a 2013 SS Camaro, and just recently put a..... ORY with No cats , LT headers and cutouts on his car. That thing sounds insanely good.
It is deep and loud as hell. It doesn't backfire or sound raspy at all.
It sounds louder than a mustang with Flows and a H-pipe

Plus with the cut-outs, you can close the exhaust, for when you don't want to draw to mention attention to yourself, which I like having that option.
Also, his SS is a 6 speed, and my TA is automatic ( wasn't sure if this would make any difference on how the 2 cars would compare to one another, in terms of sound )

Well, he was told by the company that installed all of his stuff, that my 01 WS6 would even sound louder/deeper than his car, since I have the older LS1 in my WS6

I have the ORY and BBK LTs as we speak, so all I'd have to do, is pay for the installation + the Cut-outs, which I think are around $700
So total, I'd have to pay around $1400 - $1500 ( that's for the installation and the cut-outs )

Does anyone else have this setup on their TA and if so, do you def. recommend I go ahead and get it all installed ?

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it
Old 05-31-2014, 03:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Long tubes and an exhaust not only make these LS1's sound great, but it sure wakes them up in the HP/TQ department. Ii think they sound better than the new Camaros and look way better. Just not a fan of the way they look.

Quick Reply: my 01 WS6 compared to 2013 Camaro SS.....