Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

washed engine bay slight bog

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 03:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default washed engine bay slight bog

I decided to wash my engine bay with that gunk degreaser stuff(bad idea) after completing the wash I wiped whatever dry I could and let it air dry and then started it up and let the csr idle for a good 30 minutes till all the water burned off. I noticed later some water around my spark plug wells and did my best to dry it out with a rag let it sit over night with the hood open and came to it this morning looked dry started the car backed it up into the driveway and noticed the SES came on. Looking around the engine bay I realized I had a wire disconnected from my k and n intake and plugged it back in. Main question is do you think the water around the spark plugs messed anything up. Gonna use a code reader in a bit when a buddy brings his.
Old 06-06-2014, 03:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Did you cover/avoid the electronics when you rinsed it down?
Old 06-06-2014, 04:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by M4N14C
Did you cover/avoid the electronics when you rinsed it down?
Oops lol rookie mistake left temp senor unhooked from the intake and maf. Code read that and cleared it. Car ran fine and idled fine. Unplugged it while that car was running to see if it made the problem and it did. So everything seems fine. Going to change spark plugs soon too. And yeah covered electronics/fuses and that sort of stuff

Quick Reply: washed engine bay slight bog