Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Ignition and Fuel Pump Issues 02 WS6!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 03:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ignition and Fuel Pump Issues 02 WS6!

Hey guys, I have recently picked up an 02 WS6 and have been having random starting issues lately. It started with the fuel pump not coming on and me being stranded in a parking lot. After towing to a shop the car started right up! While I was there it started right up about 4 or 5 times then on the 6th try it would just crank over and would start any more. then after a few minutes it started right up, weird! So my local mechanic hooked up the computer to the car and there were no fault coded. I left it with him and he says he just replaced the start relay, fair enough.

Well the car ran fine for a few days and now the car wont start up at all. The security light turns off after about 5 seconds but the car wouldnt even crank over. After about 5 tries of pulling the key out and putting it back in the car started right up. Sometimes i just cycle the key on and off until the starter kicks in and it could be random. Just today I left the gym and it wouldnt crank over, after about 5 minutes the car fired right up. I got home and shut it off. I started it up again and it cranked on the first try. I repeated this about 10 times and successful start everytime.

I called the dealer nearby and they say it could be the ignition cylinder going out, but wouldnt that give the security light indication the entire time if it was this? Anyone have this similar issue??

Last edited by luilui; 05-16-2015 at 07:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Ignition and Fuel Pump Issues 02 WS6!