Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

01 z28 intermitent no start

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 z28 intermitent no start

01 z28 m6, having issues with intermitenet no start. When it does this there is no cranking of the starter at all but will eventually start. I have looked through all the no start post I can find. I have replaced the ignition switch that is halfway down the column, still intermittent no start. I swapped the starter and ignition relays, still intermittent no start. I did the vats bypass with resistors, still intermittent no start. When it does start, the security light will go off and is not flashing. It was flashing at one point after the vats bypass, I removed it, plugged the connectors back to stock and it started, no flashing security light since then.
I also noticed when I press the clutch pedal around 2 times in a row it will usually start right off. I will occasionally get the abs inop, asr off, and red brake light lighting up on the cluster all at once as well. Not sure those are related to anything in the starting system? I'm leaning toward replacing the clutch switch to see what that does (thought I read there a two switchs). Cruise Control does work as well. Fuses have been checked, installed new battery post bolts and checked they are tight. Only things left I can think of are the clutch switch, starter, bcm (check solder joints, read they can crack?), maybe battery cables? When starter does engage it does not drag or grind, turns as quick as a newish car. Any thoughts on where to go?
Old 09-04-2015, 02:21 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Please try again in the proper forum.

-Mod

Quick Reply: 01 z28 intermitent no start