Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Trouble with alarm , need help

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 11:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble with alarm , need help

Hi everyone , I have a 1999 Trans Am and I had recently disconnected the battery to change the clutch master cylinder , then I ended up sending the car to get a clutch installed but when I got the car back today and now the alarm system does not work right . I tried resetting the alarm by pulling the #17 radio fuse , cycling the key 3 times , the doors locked and unlocked , then I held the lock and unlock buttons down on my remote for 30 seconds . I know they say less time but for some reason I never got a response . As soon as I turned the ignition to the off position my alarm went off . I turned the key to the run position and it turned off the alarm . The remote will not lock the doors but if I hold the lock or unlock button down on my remote it makes the alarm start sounding off but then If I hold either button down it will turn the horn off from beeping . All the time though if I press any of the buttons when the doors should lock or unlock nothing happens . This whole problem started when the battery was disconnected for 4.5 days . Thanks for any help that I can get !

Quick Reply: Trouble with alarm , need help