Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

2002 Trans Am driver side window removal?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 10:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Trans Am driver side window removal?!

I'm needing help guys, I replaced my window motor on driver side plenty, of threads on how to do that got that done...couple weeks later window felt guide just broke, the felt part fell inside the door leaving metal to glass action when i rolled up my window (didn't know it broke until it was to late). it ripped the factory tint off window and put a deep scratch in the window...fml right?! i hunted down a complete door with good glass with two new looking felt guides at junk yard after a month of searching. my main question is how do i remove just the window? ive looked all over the internet and cant find anything for just the window removal. i need a step by step process and maybe pictures so i know what I'm looking at. hopefully i don't have to remove the regulator and everything just to get the window out. please someone help me out....
Old 09-09-2016, 09:27 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK so I found out how to take off the window there is 3 rivets hold the glass on to the metal piece that attached to with rails with rollers. So all I have to do is Remove the mirror triangle at front of door, outside weather strip on door that's against the window, then drill out the rivets...OK now I'm stuck on how to get the window down in the spare door I picked up to get to the 2 rear rivets. Anyone have an idea how to manually drop the window down without removing the window motor?

Quick Reply: 2002 Trans Am driver side window removal?!