Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

"RAM AIR" hood decal location?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 12:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default "RAM AIR" hood decal location?

I did a search and couldnt find anything. Can someone please give me the exact measurment from the edge of the snorkle to the leading edge (closest point) of your RAM AIR decals. My 02 SOM WS6 had silver Black Bird stripes on it when I bought it and I want to take them off and put the factory RAM AIR decals back on. I bought a set of factory decals with the cut out template but it makes no sense to me how you use it to determine location.

I know "about" where they go...I just want to get them as close to factory correct as possible.

THANKS.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

2 & 3/8 inches from the leading edge of the actual hood to the begining of the R on the drivers side. Measured with a straight edge along the top of the R. To the first tip of the serif of the R.

It's a stock, original WS6 hood. But the people at the factory may not have been so precise during actual production. Other results may vary, get a couple more measures before you put yours on.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ghardester
2 & 3/8 inches from the leading edge of the actual hood to the begining of the R on the drivers side. Measured with a straight edge along the top of the R. To the first tip of the serif of the R.

It's a stock, original WS6 hood. But the people at the factory may not have been so precise during actual production. Other results may vary, get a couple more measures before you put yours on.
Thanks!

Quick Reply: "RAM AIR" hood decal location?