Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

30th Annivesary Trans am

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 08:45 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 30th Annivesary Trans am

What is the value of a 30th year Annivessary Trans am Convertiable? My friend is looking for one, but dont know what there really worth. Hes looking for something almost perfect with lower milage.
Any clues on what there selling for? There was one on Ebay, 25k miles had a buy it now price $25000 looked pretty mint.
Do you think the value on these are going to drop more or are they on the rise?
Thanks lug
Old 10-12-2007, 11:12 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since I own one, I have been keeping an eye on the price for about 3-4 years. It seems like in the last couple of years the prices have dropped a bit. The best way to get a deal on these cars seems to be to not rush and keep your eyes peeled. Just be ready to pounce when the opportunity presents itself. I have seen some real good deals out there. Just to ball park it, a convertible with about 50k miles would run about 25K, while a t-top car would be about 20K.
As far as car values go, specially a car like this, the price usually drops some then picks up as the car goes past 10 years old. This does not mean that people will retire off their cars, due to inflation. It simply means that the car will cost more money then when new, many years down the road, but may actually have a lower value.
A car like the one you found is a pretty decent deal. These cars are still selling for more than the average 1999 ws-6 cars.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool, thats what I was thinking but I wanted to hear from some other people. I just dont want him to jump into a big purchase without a little research. Thanks for the input. Lug