Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Wiring Harness

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 03:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring Harness

The wiring harness coming out of the headlight motor is burnt out in the middle. Only junk yard I could find that had one wouldnt give me just that part, they wanted me to buy the whole wiring kit. Any suggestions on where to find one or an easier way to fix it?
Old 12-03-2007, 03:40 PM
Beo
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Bamabird
The wiring harness coming out of the headlight motor is burnt out in the middle. Only junk yard I could find that had one wouldnt give me just that part, they wanted me to buy the whole wiring kit. Any suggestions on where to find one or an easier way to fix it?
If you are good at wiring, you could easily replace the burnt wires without having to buy the kit. Not sure on how hard it would be in your case, though. Would need a picture to see how plausible my suggestion really is.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:27 PM
Staging Lane

If you can get the pigtail part number from the dealer and find a AC delco parts house I can tell you what wires are what. What year is the bird? Or if the rest of the wiring is ok you maybe able to just fix where the wire is burt out with replacing the hole thing. Let me know
Old 12-04-2007, 12:50 PM

Its not the wires. Im still kinda new to the car thing but ive got some semi blurry pics to see if yall can help.

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/6...chment2yp1.jpg

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/2...chment1nn0.jpg

Its the inside of the plastic thats messed up. Ex's dad tried to fix it. One of the prongs was broken off. Sorry for the confusion.
And its a 99'

Last edited by Bamabird; 12-04-2007 at 02:04 PM.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:31 PM
Staging Lane

it looks like the plug for the head light motor on the car side. I will try to see if there is a part number for that connector I know were to get the terminal for the wire. But I will double check on that, too make sure it is the one I remember it is.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:44 PM
Teching In

Sorry to resurrect an old thread - but did anyone find a good place to replace this harness? I'm having the same problem with my '00 bird - the terminals are corroded and one is broken in the harness.

Quick Reply: Wiring Harness