Pontiac G8 2008-09 & Chevrolet SS 2014+ LSX based RWD 4-door sedans

Help with D1SC and brake booster

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2022, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with D1SC and brake booster

I have had my D1SC installed for three years now and I have had an annoying issue since then. First start up of the day and placing the vehicle in reverse causes the brake booster to sound like it is gurgling. This only happens in reverse and there are no codes or noticeable difference in peddle feel. After driving a short distance and either restarting or placing the car back in reverse does not cause the same issue as the cold start. I can only assume enough pressure has built up.

A check valve has been installed in the correct direction and the procharger manifold block fittings are all tight. Any suggestions?
Old 05-08-2022, 10:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 474 Likes on 354 Posts

Going out on a limb here...I wonder if it's not the AIC that you are hearing, It's typically open more at cold start and the if the trans is similar to other GM transmissions the line pressure is higher in reverse and that puts more load on the engine further drawing engine idle down causing the AIC to open more to keep target idle. This goes away as the engine comes up to operating temperature.
The following users liked this post:
LilJayV10 (06-16-2022)
Old 05-08-2022, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LLLosingit
Going out on a limb here...I wonder if it's not the AIC that you are hearing, It's typically open more at cold start and the if the trans is similar to other GM transmissions the line pressure is higher in reverse and that puts more load on the engine further drawing engine idle down causing the AIC to open more to keep target idle. This goes away as the engine comes up to operating temperature.
Thank you I appreciate the feedback!

Quick Reply: Help with D1SC and brake booster