Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 08:09 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:56 PM
TECH Addict

Whats the final set-up going to look like in the console area?... Kind of the void with the new shifter or you have a finished plan in mind?
Old 02-13-2012, 05:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Very Good work guys
Old 02-13-2012, 07:50 PM
8 Second Club

Received 944 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1Silverado05
Whats the final set-up going to look like in the console area?... Kind of the void with the new shifter or you have a finished plan in mind?
Have no idea... its gotta go fast before I worry about prettying it up.

Originally Posted by SREETRACEGUY
Very Good work guys
Thanks, I took it out today and ripped on it a bit. Then did a alignment on it. Gonna have to make some tweaks to give the 28" tires clearance. Good amount of traction though, I like them. Kinda big for the car but whatever.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:04 AM

Well that was my my trans, out of my truck. Turns out, my brother Mike Pressman went out drinking one night and wrecked his car. He came to his brothers house, "me", looking for another mode of transportation so he borrowed my Kymco scooter. A few days later he pulls up all bloodied because he low sided it and totaled it. No big deal right? He's my brother. So I give him my old suburban AKA the "white whale" as a last resort because he was out of options. Since this was a long term event and I trusted my brother (at the time) I gave him the truck under terms of returning it to me when he was done with because there was nothing wrong with it and had a good 400 trans engine parts etc.

Well one day the truck has an ignition problem he can't fix so he strips it and sends it to crazy rays for $300 and dupes me on any money and paying for my scooter too.

My brother and I haven't talked for 3 out the last 4 years over this and this stirs up some bad blood in the family, so I hope you enjoy my trans........

P.S. Don't let him fool you he is a worthless 31 year old golf cart mechanic that still lives at home with his mother so he can keep up with all the latest and greatest.

Feel fee to call me for questions and answers 240-832-4949

Last edited by mvnvltn; 03-01-2012 at 03:00 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:02 AM
fjb
Teching In

Slow Sedan, that is an awesome swap, and I hope, lol, that this should be enough for your car. Also the car looks sick and I enjoyed all the pics that you posted.

On another note, I find it tasteless and classless that someone would air their families dirty laundry on a public message board which is completely unrelated to what this forum is here for. The fact that it is being talked about here throws up a red flag to me. I would be very interested to here the brothers side of the story. If you want to find a forum to complain about with all your problems I am sure Oprah or Dr. Phil has a forum you tool.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:25 AM
8 Second Club

Received 944 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by fjb
Slow Sedan, that is an awesome swap, and I hope, lol, that this should be enough for your car. Also the car looks sick and I enjoyed all the pics that you posted.

On another note, I find it tasteless and classless that someone would air their families dirty laundry on a public message board which is completely unrelated to what this forum is here for. The fact that it is being talked about here throws up a red flag to me. I would be very interested to here the brothers side of the story. If you want to find a forum to complain about with all your problems I am sure Oprah or Dr. Phil has a forum you tool.

Thanks, yes so far the TH400 we rebuilt is holding well over 600hp through an unlocked converter.

Couple videos:

First start with new cam and pulleys:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRVWs...I_rRQ8CO0DHsI=

Dyno run:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hymKX...ErbDWNZvWQIRI=

Yeah what a great first post right! I've known Mike for years and is a good friend. The trans had been sitting in a shed for years, if he wanted it back so bad he could have got it well before I even thought about it. Deejay certainly left some details out of his little story...
Old 03-10-2012, 02:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Can't view the videos here but i will as soon as i get home glad its coming together.

And dude just made himself look bad so no worries. I can't wait to see how it fairs on the track

Quick Reply: TH400 Swap!