Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Possible Head Gasket Leak??

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 09:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible Head Gasket Leak??

Came home the other day and parked in my driveway. I had to leave about a hour later to pick up my sister from work. When I pulled out of the driveway I noticed some fluids on the ground. Now it was dark and didn't think much of it. I figured it was my uncles are, which was parked there earlier when he stopped by. Came home and parked in my garage not thinking a thing.
My dad comes home and goes what's all that crap in the driveway? I head out and actually take a look, it's oil and lots of it.
I check my DD and nothing, I check both my parents cars and nothing. I open the garage and look, oil leaking from the Goat. I back it out and pop the hood. All over the driver side of the engine bay there is oil and even on the hood liner. We think it is a head gasket but I am not 100% sure. What every happened it happened while I was on my way home from work.

Here is the run down:
- Drove the car home from work, 32 miles that day.
- No smoke, no odd noise, no CEL, everything ran totally normal.
- Car still sounds fine, runs fine outside the big leak (I haven't driven it since this, don't worry)
- Oils on driver side of engine bay and on hood liner.
- Leak is only on the drive side of the car.
- Does not seen to have coolant mixed with it.

Can I please get your thoughts on this.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like what happended to my 02' gt. See if you can find one of those retractable mirrors (small round mirror attached to a telescoping pen) and use that to run along the bottom of the head. You should be able to see a bad spot in the gasket. Hope you get it up and running again soon.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

never heared of a headgasket blowing oil. i would be thinking valve cover gasket. im really not sure if there are any other seals on the driver side of the engine.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:38 PM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by newschool72
never heared of a headgasket blowing oil. i would be thinking valve cover gasket. im really not sure if there are any other seals on the driver side of the engine.
This.

Quick Reply: Possible Head Gasket Leak??