Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

New 04 Goat owner

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 08:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 04 Goat owner

Hello everyone, just introducing myself and hoping to get some direction for the future. As of a couple weeks ago I am the proud owner of a 2004 Black GTO M6. Despite the fact that its at 141,700 miles which doesnt scare me at all because I do my own work this car is absolutely amazing. Very comfortable to drive and it handles corners like I never expected it to. The only things the car has had done to it is a CAI and some cutouts behind the first cats. I like this car 1000 times better than that Coyote mustang I sold. As far as guidance Ive been doing some reading and I want to put a set of 243 heads on it, and I'm not sure what direction I will go as far as a cam. As far as exhaust would I benefit just Keeping my cutouts since theyre in place of those second set of cats, or resonators(not sure which is there from the factory) I've researched this and I see where most people recommend LT's but I've never seen anyone that has run cutouts on the factory exhaust and have shown dyno numbers. If it's not neccessary to get longtubes no way do I plan to spend money on them. I do plan to change out the radius rod bushings in another week because I get that suspension shake while braking and I'm considering getting a vintage Hurst short throw shifter. Most importantly I plan to do something with the rear suspension to help with traction as this car struggles with it from a dead stop. Lastly this 5.7 which is rated at 350 crank hp seems like it would actually give the coyote I had a great run for its money but maybe its just the placebo effect of being back in a Gm made car lol. Thanks!
Old 12-30-2013, 10:32 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

post pics!!! Im sure hoping to own a goat soon- im driving 5 hours this weekend to work a deal on a trade for one. Congrats. I have never had a gto- but have had 3 trans am's with the ls1 and i cant say--YES longtubes are well worth the money. Its always one of my favorite mods.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:57 PM
Teching In

I tried posting up the pic I have but it wont let me. I must be doing something wrong.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

imo suspension upgrades is the first thing that should be improved.

long tubes are well worth it. enjoy.

HNY.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:23 PM
Teching In

That is a lot of miles, the suspension should definitely be addressed.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Rob GTO
That is a lot of miles, the suspension should definitely be addressed.
The great thing about that is the fact that the guy who had the car before me updated majority of the suspension when I look at what I can see everything and I mean everything is brand new or he kept it really clean. The only things that I know that needs to really be replaced are the front radius rod bushings, and maybe the strut mount bushings.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:54 PM
Teching In

Congrats BigBoss! These cars are a lot of fun!!

Quick Reply: New 04 Goat owner