Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

LS1GTO Vacation

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 08:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

went over there a few times since i picked up my goat in march

everytime i found a question thread there was about 5 posts of useless **** talk just to find an answer
Old 09-22-2014, 02:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 228 Likes on 153 Posts

The **** talking happens, but there are still people who try to help others and provide technical information.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Much of the help is useless.. So much **** is way off of where it should be. That is the reason I designed many upgrades back in the day. Hell, you even have one of them iirc.

Then, you also have the spineless...
Old 09-23-2014, 08:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

I did pick up one of your master cylinders. It is installed in a friend's car who needed it immediately at the time because his had crapped out and the car is his daily driver. It works well from what he has told me.
Old 09-24-2014, 02:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My gripes.....

Newbs get bashed. People need to understand that most people aren't keeping these cars for ever, and we will always have newbs. Instead of beating them up, they should be made to feel welcome after all, they are the future!

I got called out for renting tools that I had rented for a long time. Even had a moderator review my post and approve it. Oh well, now my tools don't help others. Oh well.

I've been given infractions or temporary ban for no real reason. The power of those keyboard bullies is bullshit.

I rarely post anymore. Most of my mods are no longer there, some deleted. and some I just never even posted. Someone pm's me, I reply pretty quick and help all I can. But that's about it. I login pretty frequent, check on a few areas, and get out.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tom and Mike,
I am with you guys, that place turned into a "Prop your buddy up and **** the rest site".
I check in periodically to see what's up over there to see if anybody needs anything.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:40 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 05goatinindy
Shut your **********. You ordered a Tick Master and reverse engineered your ****. Remember you publicly went after them because you ordered 2 day shipping and a holiday was the 2nd day. You're the lowest of low.
99.9% of everything produced is reverse engineered, every company worth anything buys the competitors product to compare against there own to make improvements, that's how you the consumers get a better deal and hopefully an improved product.

Follow any sales campaign and you will see it, example: cell phone makers. Ours has a bigger screen, ours talks, ours do this, ours do that... Your GTO was a Holden Monaro and you still like it without bashing GM N. America. It is all the same man.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:31 PM
11 Second Club

Seems like a lot went to Facebook but then you have the morons with nothing but time and spam the hell out of it. Pretty much making every "group" useless. One name really comes to mind lately.....Only bashing of n00bs is due to the search feature. Getting asked what exhaust or what cam 5x's a day is pretty crazy. There were only 43,xxxx of these cars built and I bet only 1/4 are left on the road these days and 1/3rd is still the OG's while a lot is younger kids who half continue to total whats left of these cars and others building them to do some crazy **** while others just put miles on them or just garage queens. Haven't been on there in awhile. Who even owns the site anymore? All the peddlers dealers are gone now i believe, well frank is still around but only building his own race car now. Chris is still developing parts but that is due to him building them first for his car and letting some trickle out to others. Working with him now actually to try and get some doors and a trunk lid made but need 5 people to put up or shut up and posting over there I feel will just go to hell anyway plus you can't even mention the name of the company b/c they are not paying someone off. Hard to develop a product for a car that is super limited and then expect them to become a sponsor before it is even off the ground.

Who was renting cradle tools? I need to do both front and rear cradle alignment. I know the rear is off since i only had to beat in on one inner rear fender while the other 28" tall M/T pro drag radial didn't rub at all.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

To be fair, some of the questions are downright retarded and deserve what they get. For instance, some guy just asked about what else he could buy in addition to his $60 tie rod ends to get to $100 and get 6 months of 0% interest on Bill Me Later. I mean, come on.

I try to help whenever I can. Yes, I can get pretty sarcastic, but if you need legitimate help, then I will help you if I can. If you are posting up bullshit, then I will return the favor.
Old 09-25-2014, 12:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Muhthugga, glad to hear it's working well. I thought it went on your car. If you need one, I may have an extra one this go around.

Tom, you're spot on...

Buzz, you're right many things are reverse engineered. In the case of any of the stuff I had produced, all was engineered from scratch. Improvements were made even when they weren't needed, I'm **** like that. Obviously, there was much to be desired on the kit in question and all the faults were very clear and avoided. I had absolutely no intention on making a master cylinder kit, none. It was the arrogant attitude and being misled into spending big money for shipping on a day they said wasn't a blackout day that led to me making a kit. Of course I drove it home when I saw that engineering wasn't really done well at all.

**** talkers, find bad feedback trends on my previous trading, product or gtfo.

I'm done here.

Take care, guys.

Last edited by 2QWK4RU 06 GOAT; 09-25-2014 at 01:13 AM.
Old 09-27-2014, 02:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LS1GTO.com was the best for anything GTO specific,(not LS1 specific), when the cars were new or nearly new. Courteous and helpful. Currently long time owners are helpful if they are not jaded. For some reason, the "In your face" type of responses have creeped out of the Lounge in Tech which you rarely see here in the Tech section.

I rarely visit there now as my car is mostly garaged and driven little with no more mods planned. Same with here and other automotive forums. Other interests....

Like anywhere, posts intelligently and you receive what you want. Post ill considered or carelessly worded posts and you also receive what you deserve. Could it be handled differently? Sure, but that is the culture that has been allowed to develop.
Old 09-27-2014, 03:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Felix C
Could it be handled differently? Sure, but that is the culture that has been allowed to develop.

Hit the nail on the head!
Old 09-28-2014, 01:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 04ls1gto24
Hit the nail on the head!
And god forbid you ask a question and someone feels you should of used the "search" button instead of making conversation! People act like its THEIR bandwidth or something and get all offended. Ha!
Or you have the "forum kings" that want information and pretty much demand it by saying DISCUSS in the topic. What else would we do? Isn't it a discussion forum?
Old 09-29-2014, 02:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Here is a member explaining himself before he even asks for help, just so he won't get burned. What a joke.
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=686505
Old 09-29-2014, 11:11 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi everybody!

Old 05-16-2015, 02:59 AM
11 Second Club

The GTO FB groups are just as bad anymore it seems like. I love how i started projects that people wanted but bashed that never would get off the ground. Granted the carbon doors took awhile b/c needed everyone to pay upfront and it was a nice amount of money they finally are happening. I just browse over there and leave anymore. I get on here rarely also and FB I just leave alone. I know the OG's and we all have each other numbers and what not. I will admit that people suck at using the search button always asking what cam will net me xxx amount of HP. People refuse to search and read which sucks but the bashing is just plane nuts and how you can't help other members get products that aren't even made yet or off the ground is stupid. That is how most of that stuff happened in the first place.
Old 05-16-2015, 10:24 AM
11 Second Club

Yep, It takes more time to flame than to quickly respond or ignore the post completely.
I just wish I could get a technical discussion going on any of the non typical modifications but i'm starting to think the guys who would be willing to help have all left.
Old 05-16-2015, 10:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You guys are imagining things, the mods run a tight ship over there.....lmao.

On da real tip:
Everything from concealing vendors crap to beating down honest members who've been ripped off and wish to share their experience. Guy on Banned one thread (below) made his first post here because he was only honest over there about being ripped off by gforce but was chopped off at the knees for sharing a very common diff story. I've been in contact with a fellow owner that has been to gforce 4 times and still has a bad diff, wait till that one comes out. More are brewing... The stories have slowly started coming out. All the hook-ups are getting old, finally the truth be told here and there. I'll save the best for last. Factual stuff, not attacking folks on a personal level like they do.

Spencer guy has been ripping fellow owners off for years, they only recently started a thread to put this out after countless owners have been screwed. I never ripped off anyone and was banned, forced off from being a sponsor over there and harassed countless times (mods violated rules alnost daily) just cuz they felt like it. They are paying for it now. They (mods) are the most distrusted bunch at this point and have been treading lightly for a while-they know it well.

Just look at the other thread below with the suspicious posting, tells you about the weirdos over there and how they think.

Last edited by 2QWK4RU 06 GOAT; 05-16-2015 at 11:11 AM.
Old 05-16-2015, 08:53 PM
On The Tree

I completely agree with ls1gto being a joke and a waste. You can't read a thread that's not full of bashing and sarcasm. Gforce is gold over there. I have not personally had a bad experience with them or their products, but i have read things on here and facebook groups that will make me shop around next time. There are moderators and a few douches with enough time on their hands for 20,000+ posts and nothing better to do than **** on newbs for asking questions. For example, I created a thread asking about deleting ABS. All i wanted to know was if anyone successfully removed the ABS and was able to keep the warning light and dash messages off. Its not like I was asking a stupid question I know nothing about. I do everything myself, ASE master tech, GM master certified. Built my own twin turbo setup. All I got for responses was bullshit like "you need ABS" and "twins have been done, no need to move the ABS". Not what I asked, if you don't have an answer then don't post **** to increase your post count. The attitude over there is basically if you don't buy it from the sponsors then it is ****.
Old 05-16-2015, 08:57 PM
On The Tree

Some ******* over there will probably read this and warn me that posting on other forums is against the rules.

Quick Reply: LS1GTO Vacation