Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Another keyless entry problem. Help?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 02:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another keyless entry problem. Help?

Okay guys just read through every thread I could find on this tricky problem. Tried a lot of things, and nothing worked so far.
My problem: 04 GTO key fob seems to work but here's where it gets weird. The key starts the car with no problem. Also, when hitting trunk release, pops open trunk fine. But, will Not work for the doors. There is only one exterior key lock on the driver door but nothing on passenger door. Now, from inside the car when I hit unlock and lock on the key, I hear a click coming from the bcm. I can also lock and unlock doors manually from the inside. But when I hit lock, the horn beeps 5 quick times. and then sometimes I can't even manually push the door locks up or down. Again, the key starts the car and pops open the trunk but not the doors.
I read it could possibly be the actuator or the sensor for the fob. Is this true?
Again when I hit unlock in the key the area down under the glove box I hear a couple clicks.
I checked the bcm fuse, checked the wire harness (no rubbing), ignition cylinder doesn't seem stuck, etc.
anyone have any idea? I'm really stuck as I'm fixing this for a customer. I appreciate any help or advice. Thanks
Dave

Edit: forgot to add. When the doors are open, neither lock can be pushed down to lock. Only when the door is closed will either door let you manually push the lock down to lock it on the door panel.

Last edited by d.weglarz13; 12-30-2014 at 02:41 PM.
Old 12-30-2014, 10:18 PM

Anyone? I know its kind of a weird post for my first post, but again its for a customer and if I need to order the actuator or something else, I need to order it asap. Any ideas are more than welcome. Thanks

dave
Old 12-31-2014, 10:24 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

?Have you checked the BCM wires behind the glove box
Old 12-31-2014, 10:26 AM

Yes. No signs of rubbing at all from the metal bracket.
Old 01-01-2015, 05:54 PM

Anyone at all? I guess Im going to order the actuator then. Just wondering if it could be something else first...
Old 01-03-2015, 11:39 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hard to say but in over 10 years of owning my car the actuator is the only stock thing that's broken on it.

Quick Reply: Another keyless entry problem. Help?