Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

NEW Hinson Motorsports 800HP & 1100 HP Driveshafts and Engine Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 04:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 06pbmKC
What is the difference between these and the SCSS mounts?
Our engine mounts are a performance blend of polyurethane that is unique to us. It is much firmer that stock but not so firm that it transfers a lot of additional vibration. We also have integrated an interlocking laser cut stainless steel core that links the upper and lower portion of the mount to one another that keeps the mount from failing. "If" the mount were to fail it would still maintain a connection between your engine and engine cradle. In short they are a lot better.

Originally Posted by 2QWK4RU 06 GOAT
The engine mounts are smoother. The tranny mount, that's tbd, but it will likely be worth it.
Thank you for the continued feedback. Its very much appreciated. The tranny mount will be a match to the engine mounts from a firmness standpoint and it is also an interlocking design.

Originally Posted by SIC GTO
I will be running these motor mounts but I'm going to wait and order them and the tranny mount at the same time.
There is no harm in running our engine mounts with a new OEM trans mount. The mounts make a big difference in overall feel of the car especially if your a M6.

General Update

At this time we are building a mold for the mount to hopefully test the M6 mount by the end of the month or first of next month depending on how smooth everything goes. This is a soft deadline as I cannot tell the future. The automatic mount is a little further behind than this but it is in the works and will be made as well.

If anyone is going to Rod Run in Pigeon Forge on April 16-19 I hope to have a finalized sample to show anyone that wants to see one in person.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Bump.
Old 03-30-2015, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

They are selling fast. Get on the list to get your set today.
Old 03-30-2015, 04:06 PM
Teching In

I'm in for an M6 tranny mount when they are done!
Old 03-31-2015, 05:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default NEW Hinson Motorsports 800HP & 1100 HP Driveshafts

Hinson Motorsports is proud to announce a more powerful, and less expensive option for your late model GTO driveshaft. The Hinson Motorsports Sportsman (800hp) and Drag Edition (1100hp) 1 piece aluminum driveshafts. These driveshafts feature a dual pattern flange to support the 04, 05, and 06 GTOs all in the same shaft. The yokes are forged steel, and utilize 1350 U-joints. We also offer upgraded Forged Chromoly Steel yokes for the hardcore racers. These upgraded chromoly yokes can withstand even the hardest launches. With a critical speed rating of 160mph, it exceeds the competition for a better price. Stop by today at www.hinsonmotorsports.com and pick yours up today and enjoy same day shipping in most cases and no extended build times like other manufacturers.

Hinson Motorsports Sportsman 800hp Driveshaft

Hinson Motosports Drag Edition 1000hp Driveshaft

Upgraded Forged Chromoly Yoke

Old 03-31-2015, 06:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Good pricing on those units. Should be a hit for you. I used to make a cf kit but cost was prohibitive for many. Aluminum keeps this in reach of many.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

How much weight is being saved over the stock shaft ?
Old 03-31-2015, 11:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Around 12-15 lbs iirc.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Good pricing on those units. Should be a hit for you. I used to make a cf kit but cost was prohibitive for many. Aluminum keeps this in reach of many.
We are hoping it will be. There are a couple of things we are excited about with this new product. It will be in stock, and its a higher hp rating for less money than the competition.

Originally Posted by OneSlowV
How much weight is being saved over the stock shaft ?
Around 12-15 lbs iirc.
This a good estimate. I will try to have an exact weight in days to come, but it is considerably lighter than stock.

Thanks for the response 2QWK.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:12 AM
Staging Lane

Awesome, I think this will be a big hit for your company.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:14 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

you have my attention....... I need to do some undercarriage work to my GTO and this is on my list
Old 04-01-2015, 10:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MWRitter
I'm in for an M6 tranny mount when they are done!
It is in the works and coming along. Hopefully not much longer before we can green light this long awaited item.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by vx355
Awesome, I think this will be a big hit for your company.
We are certainly looking forward to it being something good for us and the GTO community.

Originally Posted by blackbyrd
you have my attention....... I need to do some undercarriage work to my GTO and this is on my list
When you get ready give me the opportunity to help. I've recently replaced most of my suspension and driveline components, and it made a huge difference.
Old 04-01-2015, 11:47 AM
TECH Veteran

^mine has about 57k on the clock and ive noticed the rear settling, so i got a lot of work ahead of me. Probably gonna throw in new motor mounts and trans mount while im at it.

I've noticed under heavy throttle i can feel the shifter (manual) shift with the higher RPM freaked me out the first time it did it. I just havnt had the time to park it and really give it all the things it needs to be a more solid car. But its also my DD and the other car got all the go fast goodies and attention. So little time haha
Old 04-01-2015, 07:13 PM
Launching!

Glad to see more options available and damn good price. I'll be ordering one at some point, probably when I order my motor mounts.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:24 PM
Teching In

This a great product. I just installed them this last weekend and the feel of the car is very much improved. The car feels more positive and Hinson motorsports is great to deal with.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Z28Blaze
This a great product. I just installed them this last weekend and the feel of the car is very much improved. The car feels more positive and Hinson motorsports is great to deal with.
Thank you for the opportunity to work with you and the great feedback. Glad you enjoy the product. Be sure to pick up one of our trans mounts that will be available soon.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

^mine has about 57k on the clock and ive noticed the rear settling, so i got a lot of work ahead of me. Probably gonna throw in new motor mounts and trans mount while im at it.

I've noticed under heavy throttle i can feel the shifter (manual) shift with the higher RPM freaked me out the first time it did it. I just havnt had the time to park it and really give it all the things it needs to be a more solid car. But its also my DD and the other car got all the go fast goodies and attention. So little time haha
Doing the essential suspension modifications, engine mounts, and a 1 piece driveshaft make this a totally different car. I did all of that and then upgraded all of my rotors, lines, pads, and the new shifter I'm building and the difference is indescribable
Originally Posted by SIC GTO
Glad to see more options available and damn good price. I'll be ordering one at some point, probably when I order my motor mounts.
Be sure to keep an eye out for our trans mount that will be available soon as well. Thank you for the feedback. It's very welcome on new products.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:33 AM
TECH Veteran

What exactly are the essential suspension mods? Seems everytime I do a search the list is different haha
Old 04-02-2015, 11:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

What exactly are the essential suspension mods? Seems everytime I do a search the list is different haha
It really depends on the shape of your car. IMO struts and springs or coilovers, upper strut bushings front and rear, radius rod bushings, andn then whatever else is worn out on the car.

Quick Reply: NEW Hinson Motorsports 800HP & 1100 HP Driveshafts and Engine Mounts