Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Seat rails

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 03:04 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Seat rails

I was curious what is the best way to find or make a set of fixed seat rails? I'm buying a carbon fiber seat that only weighs 4 lbs and need to fab a set or buy a set to bolt up like stock to swap out the stock seats when I'm at the track and/or racing. I haven't looked at what the kirkeys use but this is basically the same as them but in carbon and weigh less. Design maybe a tad different but I haven't seen the bottom of them so not sure what to expect. Anyone have any ideas or a place to buy a set of rails to bolt up to the stock mounting points would greatly be appreciated.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 228 Likes on 153 Posts

Something like this?

https://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/-p-...cVAaAk9I8P8HAQ
Old 05-21-2015, 01:48 PM
11 Second Club

Ya something like those or I found these. http://www.racing-seats-usa.com/planted.html

Are the ones you found just a fixed base or does it have a slider built in also. The pic isn't clear and then the illustration one shows a slider on it so its all confusing. Not sure which one would be the best route to go for safety and weight savings also. Ones I posted are FI certified but are heavy. Where the ones you posted look lighter but not sure on the safety part or anything else b/c they are so vague in the description

Last edited by Canada; 05-21-2015 at 02:33 PM.
Old 05-27-2015, 10:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 228 Likes on 153 Posts

From what I gathered, the ones I posted have a fixed base, but they also offer sliders.

I would always opt for the slider, but I am short and always need to adjust the seat.
Old 05-31-2015, 01:34 AM
11 Second Club

Well the seat is going to be fixed b/c that is the safest way. Plus It will be removable for when I'm not racing it. When I get the cage installed I'll make a quick disconnect for the back to come off the rear brace on the bar going across the main hoop. So 4 bolts on the bottom and the 2 quick release from the rear brace bar and I'm good. The one you posted is also more expensive and looks to be not as sturdy so i think the one i posted is the one I'm going with. Hoping to get it into the chassis shop this winter to have the cage and front end work all done. I may even add a drag wing and parachute setup since i'll have the nitrous setup on it by then. My new doors and seat won't be done till around July sometime I'm guessing so I may toss them on then and just trailer it to the track and not drive on the street anymore at that point so i don't have to worry about the safety of my doors incase i'd get t-boned.

http://www.racing-seats-usa.com/planted.html

Last edited by Canada; 05-31-2015 at 01:47 AM.

Quick Reply: Seat rails