Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

My 2004 GTO "GTO8U"

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 09:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RacerBill
Nice! That is almost the exact ratio of power per # of boost I was making before on my 402. FWIW, I was also on 93oct and meth.

Hmmm what makes you think the intake is limiting you? Those hi-rams are supposed to flow like crazy. I have been thinking about swapping out my FAST 102 for that intake, but I was going to shorten the runners a tad and create a sheetmetal upper plenum (basically only reusing the lower section of the runners from the intake).

How much does that cell hold? It looks like it doesn't hold more than ~10 gallons. or so. Is that a filter right on the tank outlet? If so, is there a reason you didn't put it on the pressure side of the pump instead of the suction side? I designed a tank a while back and finally received my materials last week. I need to get some time to TIG it all up now, but it won't be happening for a while since I am about to move back to LA here in a couple of weeks.

Sorry for all of the questions!!! It means I am very impressed with your build!

Edit: Oops... I just noticed it was a mid-rise intake, not the hi-ram. I should learn to read slower/better lol. You should have plenty of room for the hi-ram, right?
It is perfectly fine with all the questions. The fuel cell is a 12 gallon tank. There is a filter before the pump and after the pump also under the car.

There was a similar setup on a GTO with a 408 with 317 heads compared to my 243s. Also the other difference was
a fast 102 intake. Made a little more power but not much. Also feel I will need to go with a larger turbo to make more. But right now I think she makes enough and need to work on the drivetrain lol.

Also looking at the Holley sheet metal intake. A local guy is getting one and I want to look at the quality and possibly try that out but not to sure yet.
Old 11-23-2015, 02:04 PM
Launching!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by HMS1
It is perfectly fine with all the questions. The fuel cell is a 12 gallon tank. There is a filter before the pump and after the pump also under the car.

There was a similar setup on a GTO with a 408 with 317 heads compared to my 243s. Also the other difference was
a fast 102 intake. Made a little more power but not much. Also feel I will need to go with a larger turbo to make more. But right now I think she makes enough and need to work on the drivetrain lol.

Also looking at the Holley sheet metal intake. A local guy is getting one and I want to look at the quality and possibly try that out but not to sure yet.
Good deal - Glad you understand!

Only losing 4 gallons isn't bad at all. It looks much smaller than that for sure.

Ahhh I thought it was a filter. I've never ran a filter like that on the suction side of the pump. I was thinking it might cause it to cavitate with the suction-side restriction under high flow situations.

Haha, yeah, you are sure making quite a bit of power without having built the drivetrain. There are times I really wish I would have just left my car as a H/C/I setup.

Hmmmm.... I didn't know they were making a sheetmetal intake. I was just going to chop the hi-ram up haha. I'll have to check that out.
Old 12-06-2015, 07:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can you post some pics of the turbo piping?

Quick Reply: My 2004 GTO "GTO8U"