Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Suspension Bushings?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 11:15 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension Bushings?

Hey everyone,

I saw that BMR is running a sale for pretty much all their GTO parts, so I figured I may as well cash in on this deal while I can. I was looking through their parts and remembered I need to do bushings on the Goat, so why not now?

I know my rear bushings are sagging which is common, but I'm not sure exactly which bushings need to be replaced. Since there's a 15% discount, I may as well do them all before I start suspension and serious power upgrades.
Old 11-27-2015, 09:12 PM
Launching!

More specifically, which bushings would be the most beneficial if I was going to do coil overs?
Old 11-30-2015, 02:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 268 Likes on 175 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Strut Mount, Radius Rod, and Rear Crossmember bushings are the big ones.

Motor mounts, trans mount, and differential mount should also be addressed, but I don't think BMR carries those.
Old 11-30-2015, 02:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 357 Likes on 270 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

strut bushing front or rear or both?

I was thinking about hitting up Hinsons for most of the bushings they currently offer
Old 11-30-2015, 05:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MuhThugga
Strut Mount, Radius Rod, and Rear Crossmember bushings are the big ones.

Motor mounts, trans mount, and differential mount should also be addressed, but I don't think BMR carries those.
I'm going to be getting a set of tranny and motor mounts from Hinson pretty soon before I do my H/C/I and new clutch. When I talked to the GTO-specific tech at BMR today, he recommended the bushings you said I should get. I think I'm going to do those and get a set of Pedders 3/8' drop springs while I'm at it, the stock springs are too soft for the weight of the car.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 268 Likes on 175 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by blackbyrd
strut bushing front or rear or both?

I was thinking about hitting up Hinsons for most of the bushings they currently offer
The strut mounts are for the front of the car. You can get shock mounts in the rear, but they don't tend to deteriorate like the other rubber because they are in the trunk. They are cheap regardless, so it won't hurt.

Originally Posted by ledzepp3
I'm going to be getting a set of tranny and motor mounts from Hinson pretty soon before I do my H/C/I and new clutch. When I talked to the GTO-specific tech at BMR today, he recommended the bushings you said I should get. I think I'm going to do those and get a set of Pedders 3/8' drop springs while I'm at it, the stock springs are too soft for the weight of the car.
The springs are soft, and they sag like a sumbitch.
Can you even get the Pedders stuff anymore? I know Kollar sells springs, but I thought the Pedders well dried up a while ago.
Old 12-03-2015, 02:13 PM
TECH Resident

Call Andy at Kollar Racing. He'll give you honest advice and excellent customer service.

Quick Reply: Suspension Bushings?