Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Test Drove a 05 gto today

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 08:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Test Drove a 05 gto today

What a fun drive! I really don't understand the articles that bash this car. I thought it was a great all round vehicle. There were a few things i didn't enjoy but I could get use too. For example: the Shifter was spongy and alittle uncomfortable. But that can be changed. Also the wheels are kind of small for 400hp. I want big wheels and tires. So a little upgrade would be nice. Other than that I really thought it was a great car. You GTO owners have yourself a nice car regardless of what most would say! Enjoy!
Old 02-21-2006, 09:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by transfan0186
What a fun drive! I really don't understand the articles that bash this car. I thought it was a great all round vehicle. There were a few things i didn't enjoy but I could get use too. For example: the Shifter was spongy and alittle uncomfortable. But that can be changed. Also the wheels are kind of small for 400hp. I want big wheels and tires. So a little upgrade would be nice. Other than that I really thought it was a great car. You GTO owners have yourself a nice car regardless of what most would say! Enjoy!
Guess Pontiac dosen't pay the mags enough to write a good review like Dodge and them
Old 02-22-2006, 04:30 AM
Teching In

i never even considered a gto because of the ratings it got. luckily i had a friend who test drove one(i was very close to buying a mustang gt) and told me to test drive it before i bought the mustang. within 24 hours of that test drive i was the proud owner of a new 05 yellow auto.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:34 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by looty007
i never even considered a gto because of the ratings it got. luckily i had a friend who test drove one(i was very close to buying a mustang gt) and told me to test drive it before i bought the mustang. within 24 hours of that test drive i was the proud owner of a new 05 yellow auto.
Yep. Same thing here. I never liked them until I saw one in a dealership and drove it. I thought they looked ok, just bland. After driving one I had to have it.

I've got a Quick Silver 2005 M6 Goat.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same experience as you. I love the gto. granted I own an 04 but shortly after the test drive I traded in my 03 srt-4 in for it. Haven't regretted it yet.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

I haven't seen too much ******* the performance or the interior of the vehicle. Most people who object to it do so on the basis of exterior styling. And to be fair, it's not just from people who want something retro-the car isn't ugly, it just lacks anything to distinguish it or link it to its heritage. In my opinion, the current Grand Prix actually has a more aggressive front end.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:47 PM
TECH Resident

I had the same feelings. I was kinda so so on them till I drove one now I too am a proud owner of an 05 GTO

Quick Reply: Test Drove a 05 gto today