Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Newb here and interested in the GTO

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 11:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newb here and interested in the GTO

Hey all,
I have a mustang GT currently, and I am very interested in getting a GTO. What is the difference between the 04-06 GTO, and how do they compare to the 03/04 cobras. I want to make sure I know all I can about the GTO before I pull the trigger on one. I dont want to regret it if the cobra is faster stock to stock. I'm a lover of all cars, so Im not here to start any flame wars. I will probably get a GTO because of the monster power they make, price and the fact that you can find them used all over. I have been looking for 03/04 cobra coupes and they are super hard to find due to low production and they are still calling for $30K. I know there is a difference in motors between the three year GTO's, but I need details if you please.

Brian
Old 07-16-2006, 02:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Other than as you mentioned the engines in the 04s are the 5.7 and the 05-06 was the 6.0. There were a few other things that pop out just looking at them. The 04 had no hood scoops and both exhaust pipes came out the drivers side, whereas the 05-06 had hood scoops and each exhaust pipe came out there respective sides. There are some other minor things as well, like some under hood things were moved around. but other than that there isnt much more different. As far as compared to the cobra, well I havent raced one, but you can do things to the GTO to make them fast. Buy one at a decent price and put the difference in up to the sticker of the mustang and you will have one hell of a ride.

Quick Reply: Newb here and interested in the GTO