Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

PLEASE HELP! (TC button is sticking)

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 06:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE HELP! (TC button is sticking)

So I went to Jack in the Box a week or 2 ago...and the kid didn't tighten the lid all that good on my Coke. Well, a tiny bit of Coke seeped down into the TC button area...so when the car is cold inside, it's a pain in the *** to push down and it slowly creeps back up to its original position, and when it's warm it pushes down easy...problem is, is that I like everythin i have to work properly! I want to button to make the little clicking sound and to work perfectly! Ok, so heres my question after all my rambling...is it easy to remove that plastic square down by the TC so I can clean it out? Thanks so much for your help!
Old 11-03-2006, 12:40 AM
Teching In

I just took mine back to the dealer and played dumb and they gave me a new button.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:15 AM
11 Second Club

You just pull the whole molding up from where it ends in the console...it's just held down with clips, then the TC switch will come out from the bottom. You just have to unplug it and then depress the plastic on the sided of the switch that are holding it in place now. You'll see when you pull the molding up.

If you've never had that piece out before, there is one phillips head screw in the front of the cubby hole that will have to come out if you want to take the whole piece out, and you will have to unplug the window switches too; then it's all clips and it'll lift right out.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:52 PM
On The Tree

Thank you!

Quick Reply: PLEASE HELP! (TC button is sticking)