Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

LS2 GTO pull-out. What can i do?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 10:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS2 GTO pull-out. What can i do?

I got a 06 LS2/t56 outta a GTO. I'll probably really go through it next year, but what can i do with this combo now that won't kill me for money? I thought L92 - L76 intake, but being as i'll be running boost next year, i'd rather save the money. On the combo, i'm thinking a more generous cam, port the stock heads some, new clutch, have heard good things about BOP or Textraila possibly... Anything else i can do to get more power to the wheel? As long as it won't be a sideways step for my future build, i'd consider it. I also will have headers...
Old 03-19-2008, 12:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

L92/L76 setup and a small cam would be awsome for streetability and power. Will make more power than stock 243 heads and probably cost less than having your stock heads ported by someone well known. You can still use them when you boost the car, it'll probably even make more power than stock/ported 243's.

I'd honestly steer clear of the BOP clutches for a while. Only a hand full of people have them and have yet to put any real mileage on them. Not to mention some of the people that are raving about them seem like they're getting paid or got some special offer from the manufacturer. Textralia seems to be an awsome gig for the GTO's, when my LS7 clutch decides to kick the bucket I'll be switching to a Tex twin. I believe the distance from the flywheel to the front of the transmission is a c*nt hair shorter than the standard T56 due to bellhousing differences. This can pose issues when clutches that are meant for f-bodys that don't require slave shims are put in a GTO.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Drew04GTO
L92/L76 setup and a small cam would be awsome for streetability and power. Will make more power than stock 243 heads and probably cost less than having your stock heads ported by someone well known. You can still use them when you boost the car, it'll probably even make more power than stock/ported 243's.

I'd honestly steer clear of the BOP clutches for a while. Only a hand full of people have them and have yet to put any real mileage on them. Not to mention some of the people that are raving about them seem like they're getting paid or got some special offer from the manufacturer. Textralia seems to be an awsome gig for the GTO's, when my LS7 clutch decides to kick the bucket I'll be switching to a Tex twin. I believe the distance from the flywheel to the front of the transmission is a c*nt hair shorter than the standard T56 due to bellhousing differences. This can pose issues when clutches that are meant for f-bodys that don't require slave shims are put in a GTO.
Thanks for the input. Definitely makes one think. If i went with L92 set-up and a very healthy cam, i suppose i should leave the stock clutch in and get a tune then change the clutch if desired? Anything else i can thrown on there for some hp? I know the basics, like electric water pump, under drive pulley, etc.

Quick Reply: LS2 GTO pull-out. What can i do?