Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Exhaust Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 11:38 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Ideas

Well I just threw a set of Pacesetter Lt's and the mid section on my 04 Gto , im still needing to buy the catback , the important peice. I dont know which one to go with taking all into account , Cost , Volume and power. Does anyone have any suggestions or any expereince with the Pacesetters and whatever you may use for you exhaust. all Ideas and descriptions are awesome
Old 07-06-2008, 12:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All the reputable catbacks make about the same power, so it boils down to sound, price, and ease of installation. You want obnoxiously loud or semi-quiet or something in between?
Old 07-07-2008, 01:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Id like something with some decent sound But I dont wanna rattle the earth on a day to day basis. Its a DD so it needs muscle but some qaulity driveability.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I currently have a Magnaflow catback on my 2004. Relatively mild mannered at idle and slow cruising, but wakes up nicely at WOT. I'm an older guy and don't like loud, but I didn't want stock either. This is a nice compromise and doesn't attract much police attention. I've had lots of favorable comments, but also a few younger guys that claimed it ain't loud enough. Price is good at Maryland Speed and it's easy to install (I put it on by myself). I'm happy. I can post a couple vids if you want when I get home tonight.